Para quem é este curso?
This qualification is for anyone who:
wants to find a job in accounts or finance
Quais são os objetivos do curso?
already works in accounts or finance and wants to undertake continuing professional development
wants to learn how to use Sage accounting software
The qualification aims to:
1. Act as an introduction to financial record keeping through Sage computerised accounting software.
2. Give you the necessary skills to carry out a range of basic day-to-day computerised accounting routines and activities using Sage software, including the entry of business transactions and other basic bookkeeping tasks.
3. Provide an understanding of the importance of maintaining accuracy, security and data integrity in performing any bookkeeping tasks using accounting software.
4. Give you an understanding of the capabilities of the software and how it can enable better financial management and control of a business.
5. Enable you to progress your learning, by further developing your knowledge, understanding and skills of dealing with financial transactions by (a) gaining a Sage competence certificate at this level, (b) completing the units necessary to be awarded the IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping, and or (c) undertaking further bookkeeping and accounting routines, both manually and using Sage software at Level 2.
6. Provide progression opportunities for you to study for further units at Level 2, which, at that level will enhance your understanding of the professional ethics of bookkeeping and relevant legislation and to gain underpinning knowledge of maintaining a double entry bookkeeping system.
7. Enable you to progress to self-employment or employment by preparing you for various job roles which may include, but not limited to: junior bookkeeper, accounts clerk, finance assistant, data entry clerk, invoicing clerk, sales ledger clerk or accounts trainee. Quais são os critérios de inscrição?
There are no formal entry requirements for the Level 1 Award in Computerised Accounting for Business. However, it is recommended that you will already have basic skills in both numeracy and literacy prior to embarking on a course of study for this qualification. O que torna especial este curso?
One year of unlimited tutorial support
Como faço para pagar este curso?
Live or recorded lectures
Bespoke course materials including printed workbooks from Sage and IAB
A 180 day (i.e. six month) Sage 50 Accounts licence
IAB Assessment fees
Six months’ IAB membership (required to take the IAB assessments)
24/7 access to the Teaching Zone
Optional NUS card (additional cost) for UK based students – the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts